Forums » News and Announcements

at the Mineirao Stadium.It will be the te

• 2963 posts
    August 10, 2018 6:48 AM PDT

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil -- A new era opens for the U. Chelsea NGolo Kante Jersey .S. womens soccer team at the Olympic Games when a generation of younger players seeks to continue the global domination established at last years World Cup.Bidding to add Olympic gold to World Cup success, the U.S. will have 11 Olympic newcomers on its roster when it opens against New Zealand on Wednesday at the Mineirao Stadium.It will be the teams first major competition since the retirement of players such as Abby Wambach and Lauren Holiday following lats years triumph in Canada.Of course we had some gigantic losses, some players that have been around the game for quite some time, and they are irreplaceable, really, veteran goalkeeper Hope Solo said. But we have something different and I dont think anybody has seen the U.S. team as we are right now. Nobody knows what to expect, with our younger players, with our new talent, with our formation. So I think its going to be exciting.Seeking a fourth straight Olympic gold, the Americans are also without Christine Rampone because of injury, while Sydney Leroux and Amy Rodriguez are pregnant. Two other key players, captain Carli Lloyd and midfielder Megan Rapinoe are coming to Brazil recovering from health problems. Rapinoe is not expected to play in the early games.Theres been a little bit of a change in the roster, but its good, Lloyd said. I think we have about 11 players who are competing in their first Olympics, which is a huge turnaround, but I also think that those players bring experience, theyve been around this team, theyve earned quite a few a caps with the team and are doing very well. So I think that, mixed in with us old folks, we will be all right.Among the Olympic newcomers are a few players who also made it to the World Cup last year, including Meghan Klingenberg, Ali Krieger, Morgan Brian and Whitney Engen. The youngest player in the current roster is 18-year-old Mallory Pugh. The U.S. is trying to become the first team to win the Olympics after succeeding at the World Cup.Lloyd, the teams captain in Rio, said the U.S. remains favored to win the title despite the revamped team.I think the toughest (opponents) are going to be ourselves, said Lloyd, who scored a hat trick in the World Cup final against Japan. No other team should intimidate our team. Of course, there are going to be tough contenders, but honestly, not a single team intimidates me.The U.S. is trying to win its fifth gold medal since womens soccer became an Olympic sport in 1996. It won its third World Cup title in Canada, the first since 1999.I think we are always feeling the pressure of coming back with gold. Its just in our DNA, Lloyd said. Even if we hadnt won the World Cup wed still be under tremendous pressure to win. It comes with being the No. 1 team in the world and going for a fourth consecutive gold medal. We are super excited to get started. I know this team has a lot of talent and depth and we have the opportunity to really create history.After playing New Zealand, the U.S. faces powerhouse France and then Colombia in Group G of the 12-team Olympic tournament. Second-ranked Germany, fifth-ranked Australia, sixth-ranked Sweden and host Brazil loom as potential quarterfinal opponents.We as a team acknowledge the pressure, Solo said. We know that the target is on our backs. We are ranked No. 1 for quite some time, we won last years World Cup, we won the last Olympics. It doesnt make it easy. We dont come into any tournament with an extreme amount of confidence or arrogance. We know that the job is going to be extremely difficult to repeat winning a gold medal.---Tales Azzoni on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tazzoni. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/tales-azzoni Chelsea Jerseys Outlet . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. Chelsea Marcos Alonso Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. http://www.cheapchelseajersey.com/ . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement.How do you trade the greatest player of a generation? At the end of the day, sometimes its not about talent, but about dollars and cents. TSN and TSN.ca continue to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the trade that sent Wayne Gretzky to the Los Angeles Kings with a look at how the deal impacted the business of hockey. Tuesdays edition of SportsCentre presented “The Gretzky Gold Rush,” a special look at the effect the trade had on the economics of the NHL. TSN DRIVE host Dave Naylor told the story as SportsCentre took a look at how “The Trade” has affected boardrooms across the NHL to this very day. When then-Los Angeles Kings owner Bruce McNall tore up Gretzkys 25-year, $25 million contract, it changed the game and the very definition of a players worth. "The minute that happened, we all knew nobody was worth Gretzky, but everybody knew that they could get a little bit higher," said Luc Robitaille, Gretzkys Kings teammate. McNall immediately raised the ire of fellow NHL owwners for what they perceived to be a complete overhaul of the marketplace. Chelsea Eden Hazard Jersey. "All I heard from the other owners is how I ruined their pay scale," explained McNall. "All of a sudden they have to pay [more for] all of these players. I said No, you dont. Do they draw? Do they draw like Wayne does?" TSN.ca will also be featuring a host of exclusive content all week long at www.tsn.ca/tradeat25. Visit the site now for videos from 1988, including Gretzkys famous farewell press conference as well as vintage SportsCentre clips from the day the trade broke as well as clips from Mondays SportsCentre feature, “Gretzkys Children.” TSN.ca will also be posting photo galleries all week long examining how “The Trade” has had a ripple effect through the NHL that is still being felt today. Interact with TSN on various social media platforms as well - including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram - for vintage Gretzky photos, trivia questions and links to exclusive TSN.ca content all week long. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '