Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

How to solve Email problems with non-rr host?

• 11 posts
    January 9, 2018 4:21 AM PST

Hi

I have email accounts on several different hosts (websites) along with a gmail account and an Office 365 exchange account.  When I am at home using TWC as my Internet provider, I can access the gmail account and the exchange account, but not the pop3 accounts from my websites.

If I use a VPN to my company servers and then I am using my companies ISP and I can retrieve the emails from the POP3 accounts.  Not a problem with me, but my wife also has a computer and only has email on the POP3 accounts and can not access her email.

TWC Help said it was a problem with my POP3 Hosting provider.  I am in Indiana and it worked fine when we were with Insight, but broke when they switched us to TWC servers apparently.

Anyone experienced this and did you find a solution?  They broke it, but I have to find a fix for it, not wanting to switch Internet providers yet.

Thanks

• 2 posts
    January 11, 2018 2:57 AM PST

Hello..

If you send yourself an email and it does not arrive in your Webmail account, be sure that you are logging into Webmail using your full email address as the username, and not using your cPanel username as your Webmail username. Our Webmail flash video tutorials on the following page include instructions on how to properly log into Webmail:

If your email account is over its disk quota, you will not receive email as well. You can check your email account's quota by logging into your cPanel and clicking the Email Accounts icon. A list of email accounts will show, and next to each email account will be listed its quota and the actual amount of disk space that it is using.

If it is over quota, delete email to free up space or click the Change Quota link next to the email account and increase the disk quota available for that email account. If you have SpamAssassin enabled on your account, the emails that you are missing may have been identified as spam by SpamAssassin and either deleted or moved to a spam folder. If you see a spam folder, please check your spam folder. If you are receiving some but not all of your email, this is most likely the culprit.

If you are not receiving any email at all, you'll want to continue to the next troubleshooting step. On occasion, our System Administration team may migrate your account to another server. If you have received an email from us indicating that this has taken place, you'll want to be sure you're logging into the webmail on your new server and not your previous server. If you access webmail via example.com/webmail, then this shouldn't be a problem.

If you access webmail via the server name, such as biz42.inmotionhosting.com/webmail, you'll want to reference the email sent to you for the new server name. For example, you may have been moved from the biz42 server to the sb57 server, in which case you would use sb57.inmotionhosting.com/webmail.

If you have external MX records in place, the server may be attempting to deliver your email locally on the server instead of delivering the email to the servers listed as your MX records. Please contact our support department if you do have custom MX records, and request that they review the domain's local/remote domains configuration. If you don't know whether or not you have external MX records in place, most likely you do not as such a change cannot be made without a written request to the Support Department.

| rr mail | TWC email Account | Roadrunner Webmail

• 11 posts
    January 12, 2018 1:47 AM PST

Hello

Thank you, but I'm concerned about one thing: If I use the same outgoing server, won't that mess up me using my own email?

(I use a different domain name email address.)

Thanks

Time Warner Cable | Time Warner Email Login | www RR com Login Mail