Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Glitch: Ebooks disappearing or not working

• June 11, 2018 9:02 PM PDT

Hello,

It seems that some people are losing their downloaded ebooks after rebooting their tablet and for others, they’re not working offline, and even I'm facing the same problem with my kindle tablet. Any suggestions regarding it to help me out.

• June 11, 2018 9:42 PM PDT

Hiii

Lately I’ve been noticing the Kindle ebook app on my Fire HD 10 keeps resetting likes it’s starting from scratch, and all the downloaded ebooks disappear and have to be redownload again.

Open the Play Store app and swipe from the left side of the screen to open the menu.

Scroll down and select “settings” and the turn off auto-update apps.

Go back to the menu and select “my apps & games”. Tap the Amazon Kindle app listed on the updates or installed page to go to its main listing page. From there tap the “uninstall” button (it takes a long time to complete).

After the uninstall is finished, reboot the Fire tablet and then once you reinitialize the books app it should continue to work normally.

Thankyou

Kindle Support |  Kindle Help |  Amazon Kindle Support |  kindle Tech Support

• 30 posts
    June 12, 2018 11:27 PM PDT

Hello

Just follow these steps to fix this issue:

1. Shut down and restart your device (you’d be surprised how often this fixes most problems).
    2. Disconnect and reconnect your wireless connection and then confirm that wireless is working.
    3. If the book or app gets stuck downloading partway, select to delete it from your Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section.
    4. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page at Amazon to find the ebook or app that won’t download and select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device. Or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
    5. If you don’t see the book or app on the Your Content and Devices list, you can check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orderssection of Your Orders at Amazon.
    6. If none of the above resolves your issue, contact Amazon support for assistance.

For any help visit us: Kindle Fire Support | Kindle Com Support

• June 13, 2018 10:49 PM PDT

Hello,

Sync your Fire Tablet and reboot

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap “Settings”.
    2. Tap “Sync and Check For New Items”. The Sync icon spins.
    3. Wait for your Fire Tablet to finish syncing. The Sync icon stops spinning.
    4. Then go to Amazon “Manage Your Content and Devices” webpage in a browser.
    5. Select “Settings”.
    6. Scroll down and turn ON “Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings)”.

kindle help | kindle support | kindle fire support

• 5 posts
    June 14, 2018 2:46 AM PDT

Hi,

Let me picture a scenario that you may experience. You charge your Fire Tablet every night and the next morning you find your devices tries to set up the Kindle app like it is brand new and all your Kindle books including Audible audiobooks disappear from the “Downloaded” section for no apparent reason. The glitch happens each time you set your Fire Tablet to charge overnight while still on. Sometimes you find your books and personal documents vanish when you exit Kindle app and do something else like watching video or listening to music on your Fire tablet. It must drive you nuts that makes you almost impossible to read books on your Fire flawlessly.

www Kindle Com Support | Kindle Com Support | Kindle Help

• 11 posts
    June 14, 2018 9:37 PM PDT

Hello

Open the Play Store app and swipe from the left side of the screen to open the menu.

Scroll down and select “settings” and the turn off auto-update apps.

Go back to the menu and select “my apps & games”. Tap the Amazon Kindle app listed on the updates or installed page to go to its main listing page. From there tap the “uninstall” button (it takes a long time to complete).

After the uninstall is finished, reboot the Fire tablet and then once you reinitialize the books app it should continue to work normally.

| www Kindle com support | Kindle help | Kindle support |